The association is run exclusively by member volunteers. Please consider sharing your time and talent to help with the many conservation and social events that take place throughout the year.
Current Member Volunteer Opportunities
Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings are held at the Free Methodist Church, Six Mile Lake Road and Old State Road. Set up and clean up help for all meetings is appreciated.
These are all annual, reoccurring meetings that happen at approximately the same weekend every year. Meeting/Events postcards with correct dates are mailed to members in March of each year.
• Breakfast Brunch/Meeting, Saturday, 06/10/17, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
• General Membership Meeting, Saturday, 07/15/17, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
• Annual Membership Picnic, Echo Township Park, Saturday, 08/12/17, 4:30pm.
• General Membership Meeting, Saturday, 09/09/17, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
• Chili Supper & Dessert Contest, Saturday, 10/14/17, 5pm. Chairperson- Mary Sorrell 512-517-4114
• SMLA Annual Christmas Party, Saturday, 12/09/17, Blue Pelican Restaurant, Central Lake.
5:00 pm cocktails, dinner 7:00 pm. Chairperson – Cherie Hogan.
Other Fun Events
• Highway Cleanup- May and July. Chairperson- Bill Bates.
• Yearly Meeting/Events postcards mailed to members in March.
• Loon Buoys (in and out of lake). Cherie and Kelly Hogan
• Annual St. Clair/Six Mile Lake Natural Area cleanup. 09/20/17. 10:00a.m. – noon. Chairperson- Michele Nerone, 231-544-6386.