Established in 1988, The Six Mile Lake Association is dedicated to protect the quality of our lake and its watershed, and to make our community the best place to live, anywhere. The Six Mile Lake Association is a non-profit organization that is funded entirely by its membership. Membership is open to everyone who feels strongly about stewardship of the lake.
The Six Mile Lake Association has commitment to:
- Help with information to develop greenbelts on lake frontage, and reduce water pollution.
- Provide educational information on such topics as wildlife, wet- land protection, water safety, and responsible boating practices.
- Represent water-resource concerns of our membership to local officials and other organization.
- Work in cooperation with Tip Of The Mitt Watershed Council to monitor water quality through a scientific testing program.
- Support the Neighborhood Watch program.
- Build a social network through association sponsored activities.
- Support the pristine waterway of The St. Clair Lake-Six Mile Lake Natural Area.
Facts About Six Mile Lake:
- Located In Antrim County & Charlevoix County, Michigan
- Surface Area : 378 acres
- Shoreline Length : 8.75 miles
- Watershed Area : 36 square miles
- Deepest Point : 31 feet
- Number of Tributaries : 68
- Average Depth : 13 feet