As another year of summer slowly comes to an end, we have a few issues that we hope you may consider helping us with, please read below. Also don’t forget to pay your annual 2021 Association Dues, please make checks payable to SMLA and send to PO Box 421; Central Lake, MI 49622 or go to our website and signup to pay online through the PayPal account. Thank you for you attention to this matter.
New Board Members for 2022
President – Jeff Rogers
Vice President – Will Wottowa
Secretary – Cherie Hogan
Director – Ross Maxwell
New September 2022 Garage Sale Meeting Criteria
We are planning to host a garage sale type meeting for next September. Anyone wishing to get rid of items can bring them and have them marked with a price (or Free) so that other members in need can purchase or reuse.
Regarding Chili Cook Off – Oct 9 at 5pm at the Pleasant Valley Free Methodist Church, 3055 W. Old State Rd, East Jordan, MI 49727
– A free membership for 1 year will be awarded to the best chili and dessert voted by those members in attendance
– Volunteers needed to bring chili and desserts
– Contact Linda VanAndel the Cook-Off Coordinator 231-676-7042 to make sure we have enough chili and desserts. Thank you!
Water Quality Lake Monitoring Volunteer Needed starting Spring 2022
– Possibly 2 volunteers
– Training provided by Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council (Kathy and Gary Batka can help with any questions)
– Project occurs in June, July and August by taking samples and freezing them then turning them over samples to the Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council in September each year.
– Septic systems should be pumped at a minimum every 3 years, any questions please connect with a board member
– Be sure to report any wake boat operators so we can give them notice of the State Statutes regarding property damages they may be responsible to cover.